DIY Metallic Galaxy Tee Shirt Tutorial from By Hand London here. This galaxy tee tutorial is a little different because it uses metallic colors and bleach - so a different type of galaxy emerges. For more galaxy tutorials go here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/galaxy
Also, I received a question about whether you could use bleach for a galaxy design using NYLON and did some research since I’ve only used cotton when dyeing. The answer is NO. What you can do and more info:
- You can use Rit Dye Color Remover instead here.
- The more scholarly article is here: www.pburch.net/dyeing/FAQ/nylon.shtml
- RIt Dye has a page on what their dye will dye and won’t here: http://www.ritdye.com/dyeing-techniques/tips-success It also states: about Nylon:
- To help achieve a more intense color, add 1 cup white vinegar to the dyebath, especially when dyeing in the washing machine. When dyeing smaller amounts of fabric using the bucket or stove-top method, add 1/2 cup white vinegar after the fabric has been in the dyebath for 5 minutes.
- Rit dyes nylon very easily and quickly.
- To avoid wrinkling, do not exceed a water temperature of 180º F.
- After dyeing, allow fabric to cool down before rinsing in cool water.